On Sunday 10 September, Villa Monastero offers another incredible evening of art and entertainment: Parcoscenico in Villa.
The event has been created by the theatre company Le Nuove Proposte of Cirimido (CO) with the art direction of Paolo Volontè.
There will be nine “stations” throughout the botanical Garden where actors will perform involving visitors.
The performances will start at 17.00 and will continue until 20.00, to allow people to attend all the exhibitions.
Here the nine stations:
- Animated frame – On the entrance porch. A big frame will welcome visitors who can take selfies with a beautiful background. Visitors, for the occasion, could wear caps, cloaks, and period costumes.
- The spring, naiad, and the peasant – Near the fountain. Two actors will play a water nymph and a peasant.
- Lovers, Manzoni and The Betrothed – On the balcony and the staircase. Renzo and Lucia will entertain people with a love song and a talk with Manzoni.
- Puck and the midsummer night’s dream – Near the tensile structure. Visitors will be surprised by the sprite Puck who will perform part of the monologue from the Shakespeare play “Midsummer Night’s Dreams”.
- Master of the House – Some actors will exit from the bar performing the song “Master of the House”, from the musical “Les Miserables”. The public will participate in this happy moment.
- The boat, the Lake – In front of the pier. Two actors with a big paper boat will perform two fishermen with their nets. On the river, women will wait for the men’s return mending nets. A narrator will describe the lake life accompanied by music.
- The Dance – Towards the second descent to the lake. A singer with two dancers will perform the choreography “The Voice of the Lake”.
- The hamadryades – In the shade of the magnolia. There will be the hamadryades, Greek mythological beings that live in trees.
- The citrus grove – In the citrus grove area. There will be two stilt walkers with baskets full of fruit. This scene will recall the atmosphere of the garden of the Hesperides of Greek mythology.
The cost of the event is included in the entrance fee; the ticket office will be open until 19.00.
The other ongoing cultural initiatives
Until 24 September, in Villa Monastero, there is the exhibition Carpi Frisia Gola. Memorie di un territorio, organized by the Province of Lecco with the municipalities of Merate and Olgiate Molgora. The exhibition was born to remember the work and friendly relationship between the painters Aldo Carpi, Donato Frisia and Emilio Gola during their frequentation of the Brianza area and the province of Lecco.
Until the 1st of October, in the House Museum, it is possible to visit the exhibition Donne di fiori – Gerardo Bianchi (Monza 1845-1922), pittore fotografo, curated by Anna Ranzi and organized for the recent centenary of the death of the Lombard painter. There are about thirty paintings and more than sixty photographs taken between the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
Until the 1st of October, it is also possible to visit the exposition Un territorio, un mondo, curated by Antonella Cassinelli and Adolfo Lo Stracco. There are fourteen slides with images of the Larian area belonging to the photographic collection at the “Servizio Istruzione e Formazione professionale” of the Province of Lecco.